Apr 29, 2013
Tue 23 April 2013 REVIEW SHOW
Williams and Tsien's NY Folk Library, the demo debate
RORY HYDE on the phone from the AA in London
NEWS AND EVENTS
· Boyd Foundationopen day of Edmond and Corrigan Houses, this Sunday the 28th April go towww.robinboyd.org.au
· The Boyd Foundation also presents the Zeitgeist I Lecture Series featuring Max May, a Melbourne architect who has practiced for over years and trained under Kevin Borland. This is taking place on Tuesday 30th April 2013 at the Robin Boyd Walsh Street House in South Yarra from 7pm, more info http://www.robinboyd.org.au
· RMIT Australian Architecture Lecture Series, this Friday @ 2.30pm – Simon Reeves talks about Australian émigré architects of the 1950s and 1960s followed by Conrad Hamann @ 4pm talking about the 1970s. RMIT Building 8, level 11 Lecture Theatre.
· Grimshaw’s new building is open at Highpoint shopping centre, worth checking out
· The Architours second 'architecture and heritage' tour as past of the National Trust heritage festival is coming up on Saturday 27th April from 2-4pm and will focus on sites listed on the Victorian Heritage Register, nominated to be so, or on the list of buildings recommended for listing by the City of Melbourne and under threat of demolition. For more info, go to www.architours.eventbrite.com.
· No Place Like (a Temporary) Home/Creating Comfort of Chaos, a collaborative effort by Melbourne based architectural and design firms, The Emergency Shelter constructs their ideas into life-sized installations which will be on display at Federation Square, Melbourne from the 2-5 May, 2013.
· Open Journal - new website and blogs from Neo Metro - http://www.openjournal.com